Monday, May 2, 2011

Like a good neighbor...

When I got home from work today, it was quite the adventure! It was such a beautiful day that I thought it would be nice to take Charlie on a walk to our favorite park

**Side note: most people when going on a walk, walk to the park. Well...not us :) We drive because it's about two-three miles away.

So back to my story...I loaded Charlie in the car and we headed to the park. When we arrived I remember that I left his collar at the house. So I put on his harness, which can I just mention it does not fit him very good anymore! As I was trying my very hardest to get this on Charlie, I set my keys down on the seat.

Charlie was all ready to go! We got out of the car and began our walk. This is when I noticed...I LEFT MY KEYS ON THE FRONT SEAT...AND THE CAR WAS LOCKED.

Oh yeah...it gets worse believe it or not! I had no cell phone :( I couldn't get a hold of John and remember before how I said that my house was at least three miles away?!

Charlie and I walked our sad little faces over to some teenagers who were playing tennis and asked if we could use their phones to call John. I of course tried to call John three times...and no answer. We finally excepted the fact that we were going to have to walk home. Now most people would say that three miles is not that far to walk, but it is when you are walking by farm lands up the mountain and there aren't sidewalks. All you've got is some dirt and sticks stabbing you in the feet as you walk... I was in flip flops and my feet were about to die!

We also ran into an encounter with a horse (On the opposite side of a fence) but Charlie was not going to have any of it. He began to roll around on the ground, crying like someone was trying to kill him. For heaven sakes Charlie!!! All the horse did was stare at you! So the rest of the walk towards our house Charlie refused to walk and kept trying to play chicken by the side of the road, so I had to carry him.

As we were approaching the main road wondering how much farther we could make it...John came screeching around the corner and saves us ha ha. He said he called those teenagers back and figured after I had been gone for thirty minutes it was time he come find us.

We definitely shared some laughs...but not Charlie! He was parched and just wanted to get home and drink some water. John and I headed back to the park to meet the lock smith. It took all of thirty seconds for them to open my car. and then We were homeward bound. I can definitely tell you that won't happen again...but if it does...

Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there

No comments:

Post a Comment