Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Sunday & Temple Monday

I'm not going to lie...Easter caught up to use pretty quick this year. Since I was physically feeling okay after my surgery on Friday, we decided to make a trip up to Park City on Saturday and do some shopping. After our shopping spree we headed to John's uncles house for a little Easter get together. We had yummy food and an Easter egg hunt. Afterwards, John and I went and Saw "African Cats". We loved the documentary Disney did called "Oceans", so we thought what the heck...we'll go see it. Um...not exactly the best film to see when your emotions are running extremely high. In fact the entire way home I had to keep tears rolling from my face. :( May sound dumb, but it was pure torture. I am sure it is a good movie...just not for me right now.

I was having a pretty rough night on Saturday. My sleep schedule has been wack, so I usually stay up while John fights to keep his eyes open ha ha. I was nervous to go to church on Sunday mainly because I just wanted everyone to know what had happened, so I wouldn't have to explain. There were still little old ladies who thought that I was crying because I was so sick...I wish that was the case. Bless their hearts...I'm sure they found out when they went to Relief Society.

The talks during sacrament were most definitely meant for me. The lord works in mysterious way. We recently had a new couple move in across the street from us. They have a darling little boy and John and I have got to know them pretty well. They spoke in church about trials and hardships in our lives and how the Lord knows us each individually. He knows the pains we suffer and the hurt we feel. They also touched on the fact that they too had a miscarriage a couple of years ago and how it was so difficult, but they grew so much from the trials. It was like they were talking directly to me...without knowing anything....without knowing I was hurting so bad. I am so grateful for this Easter Sunday and the special meaning it had to me this year. I know the lord knows me and has suffered my pains, so I can experience Joy and happiness in my life and for all eternity.

The rest of our Sunday was pretty low key. We spent it with my family...eating, talking, and having fun.

Today I took work off...I will be back tomorrow :( Not sure I am ready for that. This morning i decided to drive down to the Salt Lake Temple and do an endowment session. Thank goodness they are open Mondays because it was exactly what I needed.

When I walked out of the temple, I saw these...



There were tulips everywhere! Such a beautiful sight to see :)

I am hoping for an okay week...I have a Doctor's Appointment on Thursday, which I am actually looking forward to.

Please continue to pray for us.

3 comments:

  1. I love the Temple I would go there after each m/c it helped me. I am so glad that you were able to go. Keep your head up we love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randi.....I am so sorry to hear about your sweet baby. I wish I could take your pain away. Hang in there and know that I am praying for you and Jon. If I can do anything please let me know. I would love to meet for lunch one day and we could talk. I Love you so much and you are such a strong remarkable woman whom I admire and love so much. Much Love, Steph Ross

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you! Can't imagine what you are going though. I hope everything goes well at the doctors and keep up posted.

    ReplyDelete