Saturday, March 12, 2011

Was Yesterday a Dream?



So, most of you know I had surgery scheduled on March 11th because I have a bad case of endometriosis and it has been causing infertility. John and I have been trying to have kids for the past five months and it has been unsuccessful. So...we went to the doctors on the first of March and long story short...surgery was scheduled.




Yesterday, I got up ready to head into surgery. My mom came and picked me up so we could go to Target, pick up my perscription and than head to the hospital for my surgery. John was then going to meet my mom there, so when I got out of surgery they could take me home. My doctor told me there was a very big possibility there could be a cancelation, so to plan on being ready by nine in the morning just in case. As we were driving to Target my phone starts ringing...it's the hospital. So the thought that starts running through my head is, "oh they must of had a cancelation and want me to come in earlier." Well...that wasn't the case. It was Dr. Spencer (my OB GYN)



Now I can't really recall everything about this phone call because I was in complete shock! First Dr. Spencer said...Is the Randi Huston. I of course said yes. He then asked if I was sitting down and proceeded to tell me I WASN'T going to be getting surgery that day because my blood work came back and I was PREGNANT!!


I started crying, my mom started crying....I told the doctor he had to be kidding! I immediately called John and told him...we were both in a state of shock!



Our prayers had been answered :) My mom and I drove to my brother and sister-in-laws house and surprised them! I wanted to shout it to the world!!! I had always imagined surprising my family in a much different way...But heck! This is a HUGE surprise for everyone!!! Here I was supposed to be going into surgery and the next thing I know, I'm getting told I am PREGNANT!



Later on that night we went to John's Parents and let them know...they were also in shock! But kept saying how much they can't wait to be grandparents! We really tricked everyone when we showed up...they thought I should be home on bed rest from surgery! We gave them a little diaper with two bags of Cadburry "MINI" eggs in it and a little note that said," Welcoming our "MINI" November 2011 ( we had to throw something together in five minutes)




John and I feel extremely blessed right now. I can't explain the emotions I felt and am still feeling today. I got up this moring and thought to myself, "Was yesterday a dream" because it sure does feel like one!



On Thursday, March 17th I have an ultrasound scheduled with my doctor. He wants to make sure everything looks okay. It's an early ultrasound, so all you will really see is a black blob...is what i have been told. No heart beat yet either...that will come at the next ultrasound. I am only four weeks along...so we are hoping and praying everything will be healthy and stick. I am so grateful for my family and for my husband.



WE'RE GOING TO BE A MOMMY AND A DADDY NOVEMBER 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment