Friday, March 18, 2011

My First Appointment

Yesterday, John and I attended our “early” ultrasound for our itsy bitsy baby that is growing. Most people don’t get an ultrasound until about eight to ten weeks, but the fact that yesterday’s appt was supposed to actually be a post operation appt., my doctor still wanted me to come in to do an ultrasound. Can I just say I love this man! My sister-in-law told me that Dr. Spencer always does early ultrasounds and I am so grateful for that. (Hence the last post, when I have to go buy a pee test because I still didn’t believe I was pregnant)

When I walked into the doctor’s office yesterday I was smiling from ear to ear. Still can’t believe how blessed we are to be going through this next step in our life. We went into the room and Dr. Spencer came in. Before he did the ultrasound, he told us there would be a chance he might not be able to see anything this early, but he did! He found the little black blob (sac) on the screen…you can barely see it, but it’s there!! My timing is exactly right! I am measuring at 4 weeks 6 days :)

I go back in three weeks (April 7th) for my “Real” first appt. Where they will do blood work, and another ultrasound! Dr. Spencer seemed very positive, so we are hoping everything will still go well. Of course I am still worried, but my mom says that doesn’t really ever go away, you always worry about your children :)

I continue to thank my Heavenly Father every day for this opportunity to become a mother. My life is so blessed and the fact that Heavenly Father knows I am ready for mother hood, makes me feel so grateful.

Can’t wait for November :)

No comments:

Post a Comment