Saturday, July 30, 2011

Update on Charlie...

So, it's been one weeks since Charlie got attacked at the park and went in for surgery. This week was really tough...I'm not going to lie. After lots of tears and no sleep, Charlie is finally getting back to his normal self and we are most definitely happy about that!

Everyone always says that the third day after surgery is the worst and I would have to agree. I didn't go to work on Tuesday because Charlie wasn't doing good that day. He wouldn't eat, drink water, go to the bathroom...in fact having him get up at all was literally impossible. I took him in to his normal vet to get a check up. They said they wanted him up walking about every two hours, just to keep his muscles moving. I have felt so blessed to work five minutes from my house, so that I have been able to come home and check on him every couple of hours. He hasn't been allowed to walk up and down stairs, so there wasn't a way for him to get outside to go to the bathroom.

On Wednesday, we went back to the vet to get his drain removed from his incision. They said things were looking great and that he was on the road to recovery.

He has improved so much since Wednesday! We are so happy to see Charlie doing better! Believe it or not I have learned so much this week...the number one thing is PATIENCE and LOVE. I love my dog so much like a child and helping him heal and get better has been such a blessing. So...I'm not really sure what I am supposed to take from this trial, but I do know I am better prepared for when the day comes when I have children that are sick. John said to me the other night...You're going to be such a good Mommy....It made me feel really good!

Charlie had a lot of visitors through out the week. We wanted to let those people know how much we love them and appreciate them. This was not only a traumatic event for Charlie, but for John and I as well. It put a lot of stress on us wondering if he was going to make it or not, and having friends and family to talk to and visit with really helped. We can't thank you enough :)

Here are some pictures from the week...

We spent a lot of time cuddling and laying together



Charlie would hide under the table anytime I would try to get him to go to the bathroom...the little stinker thought I couldn't get to him or something :) If you look close you have see his little chicken leg ha ha (where they had to shave a little of his hair to give him an IV)


The poor guy had to wear the "cone of shame" most of the week.

One more week and Charlie will get his staples and stitches out! and hopefully we won't have to visit the vet until next year :)



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad he is doing better. Poor Charlie !

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor litlle guy!! Its so weird seeing pics of him like that! he is such a spaz usually LOL Glad hes doing better love ya charlie

    ReplyDelete