Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Make a WISH

This Saturday I will be attending an orientation for the Make a WISH Foundation. I want to be a WISH Granter!

{Definition of a WISH Granter}

As a member of a WISH team, I will meet with the family, determine the wish and act as a liaison between the Foundation staff and the WISH family during the wish process.

About six months ago John got involved with Make a WISH. He did his very first WISH granting for a wonderful little boy named Dylan.

Dylan had a brain tumor.

Now it’s no surprise what Dylan chose for his WISH. He loves Pirates of the Caribbean. Dylan’s WISH was to take his whole family to Disney World. I only got to meet Dylan once… while volunteering at his Star Raising Event before they left, but Immediately I fell in love with him and his family. They are so loving and so caring.

After a fighting battle, Dylan is free...he passed away on Tuesday, July 12th at 1:20am.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family in this hard time. We hope that they will be able to be comforted and at peace at this time. Families are forever.

I am excited to volunteer with my husband. I am excited to have the opportunity to be a WISH granter.

What a great opportunity it will be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment