Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fourth of July Weekend


We had a fun Fourth of July weekend...

It consisted of a lot of family time and of course, FIREWORKS!!!

On Saturday we met met my parents and Beau at Chili's for dinner before heading over to Riverton Days. My cousin Amber has made Riverton Day's a tradition for her family. John and I went last year with her family and decided we would definitely join in on the festivities this year.

We of course got our bay fix in with the two twins! They are getting so big!! And did I mention how good they were the entire time!? I hope my babies are as good as they are.



While my parents, Beau and myself took Savanna on all the rides, John stayed back and watched the twins with Amber, and man did he have fun feeding them and playing with them. ( you can really tell how badly he wants children)

I am so glad we went to Riverton Days earlier than we did last year. We were able to ride all the rides and it was so much fun! Savanna is only five years old and she loved all the big rides. She most definitely is a little dare devil. She kept telling me not to be scared...it was so cute :) We also got her face painted and enjoyed some cotton candy while we waited for fireworks.




I love Riverton Days... possibly because the fireworks are amazing or maybe it's because I absolutely love spending time with my family :) They are so much fun and it definitely made for a good night.

On Monday, Brandon and Jessica invited us Huston's over for a BBQ at their house. We had lots of yummy food (as usual). Carol and Brian also made us delicious Peach Ice cream. We just hung out and chatted. It was great! We also played Hand and Foot...poor Jessica was on my team and we lost ( I always lose).

After being completely dominated in Hand and Food, John and I went and picked up Charlie for fireworks. I always feel bad leaving him home when fireworks are going off, so I wanted him to be part of the festivities. The fireworks were great! Especially the really big ones they made legal this year in Utah. About two blocks away from us there was a family putting in their own personal firework show...so we decided to enjoy it as well.

All-in-all is what a great Fourth of July weekend. Going to work the next day was not easy...I wanted to fall asleep at my desk! We are looking forward to Pioneer Day and the Days of 47 Parade in just a couple of weeks. Hope you all had a safe and happy Fourth of July as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment