Sunday, June 6, 2010

Charlie's First "at home" bath

I always seem to find myself blogging about our dog lately! But lets face it, he is like our child and anything we do lately is with him. Last night after I got home from work, John and I decided we would attempt giving him a bath. The last time Charlie had a bath he went to the groomers and they took care of the whole thing for us. The lady even told us he was so good! John thought since he didn't need his hair cute again right now, why don't we just wash him ourselves... Now I have had dogs before, ones that jump out of the tub, run all around the house, getting water everywhere and then when you finally catch up to them, they shake their entire bodies off and you're the one that ends up getting the bath. But I thought, what the heck, this dogs little, he couldn't do that much damage :)

I was right! Charlie was an angel (until we reached the blow drying part) Here he is as a wet rat! Believe it or not, under all that thick hair he is sooo tiny!


Once we were done getting all the shampoo out of his hair, we took him out of the tub, dried him off with the towel, and that's when the real fun began! He HATES the blow dryer! He was barking, yelping, and biting us every chance he got. Not to mention he HATES to get brushed too! So while blow drying and brushing we tried to keep him calm, by holding him close and talking to him (John was really great at this) After about fifteen minutes of drying him, Charlie actually started to enjoy it a little bit. Here is his new do...



Then it was back outside he went to play...and get dirty again. Just like little boys do :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Charlie is so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie is so cute. I want to take him home with me. You should come and bring him over to see Abe. :)
    Love, Brooke Horton

    ReplyDelete