Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pinching Penny's

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about how much money we spend on eating out. I have been horrible with buying lunch every day (even though I live five minutes away from work! Yeah, I suck that bad!). Since we were out of town for a week there was absolutely no food in the fridge when we got home and grocery shopping just didn’t sound like a lot of fun.

Finally yesterday I decided it’s time for us to be better with how much money we spend on food. I hate to admit this openly, but we throw so much food away because we never use it, or leftovers are never eaten…it has made me realize it’s like throwing money away! Who in their right mind would want to do that?!

So, I am not saying we will never eat out again…we are simply going to challenge ourselves to cook more at home and only eat out for special occasions (Like my birthday on Thursday haha and date nights :))

I need to get back in the routine of cutting out coupons and searching for deals... I kicked off my challenge last night by going to Harmon's with John and doing some grocery shopping. I actually took the time to plane meals and scoped out all the deals they had going on (which are really good right now)

I know I am not the crazy coupon lady, but who doesn’t like to save a little bit of money when it’s that easy!?

Don’t ask me why I am all of the sudden in this money saving craz and pinching every penny I can…. Maybe it’s because we looked at this house over the weekend and I am in love...



I guess I better start saving for it!

Wish me luck in my challenge! I don't want to have to throw anything away next time I go grocery shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment