Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekend in Review

Oh how I miss Saturdays...yesterday I got to spend the whole day with my John and it was so much fun! It seems like lately we hardly get to spend any time together, so to be able to have the whole day was so nice. Since John's birthday is on Wednesday, I wanted to take him to get some birthday gifts. We first went to the mall and bought some clothes here...
Lets face it...the only reason I still work at American Eagle once every so often is so I can buy my husband nice clothes at a discounted price...and me something every once in a while :) I actually worked there the other night and the whole time was scoping out what we could come back and buy him. We got some super good deals...and I got two shirts out of it as well. :) After we went shopping, we headed to our favorite place to eat.
Cafe Rio is the yummiest food in the whole entire world! John always gets a Chicken burrito, mild sauce, black beans, enchilada Style. As for me...I usually get a grilled steak salad, pinto beans, shredded lettuce, no cilantro, no lime, house dressing please! After lunch we decided to go here...
We have been thinking about getting a book shelf there for a while...It was just about finding time to go and pick it up together. Any time we are ever out by Ikea is on Sunday's when we go to see my parents...so yesterday we finally decided it was time to go pick it up. We wanted to get this bookshelf for our living room because we have the same one in our office and absolutely love it. The other reason is because the one we had was literally going to collapse because John has sooo many books! Now I have an excuse to go and buy some fun decorations to put in it and on top of it. Here is a picture of it...
You can't go to ikea without wanting to buy other items too because EVERYTHING IS SO CHEAP! While we were there we also bought some tubber wear (who doesn't need more of that) and also the cutest plates in the whole world. They are green with a white floral design up the middle and I LOVE them!
After the mall, Cafe Rio, Ikea, and going to visit my parents...we were ready to go home! It was a long day of shopping, but we had so much fun! I am very excited for John's birthday this week. On Wednesday I am going to meet him for lunch at work and then we will probably going to dinner that night as well. Charlie (our dog) also has a present for John! I don't want to give the surprise away, so stay tuned to see what he gets for his birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment