Monday, May 10, 2010

What's new with us? You might be wondering...

So after almost two months of not blogging, I was talking with my cute friend Mallory Schipanboord and she told me I needed to update my blog, so here I am! John and I just finished up our spring semester for school and now actually have some time to breath! Well kind of...it still seems like life is as busy as ever.

We now have a puppy who takes up any of our free time. We love to take him on walks and just hang out as a fam. John has been working extra hard in our yard planting flowers and making it beautiful for the warm weather we hope will come and stick around for a while. We also started our little garden again, and will continue to keep our fingers crossed that it will grow because of the surprising lows we have been having. This is such a fun time of the year. We recently found an awesome park by our house and want to have a BBQ there with some family and friends. John's birthday is coming up in about two weeks and so I might plan something fun there. It is the coolest park with rivers and trails where you walk through trees. They are all bloomed right now with flowers everywhere! There is a huge castle playground and tons of grass to play football, baseball, or whatever you want. I can't believe my husband is going to be 23 years old! I want to make his birthday special for him, so stick around to see what plans I come up with...oh and if you have any ideas what I can get him for his birthday, Please let me know :)

Yesterday we got to spend time with two of the best mom's in the whole world. First we went to John's parents house and got to talk to Josh! He is doing so great and loving it over in Russia. Carol (John's mom for those of you who don't know) got us delicious muffins for breakfast and the food didn't stop there. She also fed us lunch! We had shish kabobs, Grandma Betty's famous cabbage salad, jello salad, and Bobs dip. Pretty much It was an amazing lunch and she even sent us home with some little pieces of chicken for Charlie. (This is why he loves his grandma's and grandpa's) After we left the Huston's we met my mom and dad at my Grandma Robert's grave and hung out there. This will be my grandma's 14th Mothers Day being gone, we miss her so much! It was so great to see my mom and dad!

I am so grateful for these two ladies and all they have done for John and I. I am grateful for John's mom and how she has raised such a great son. I am grateful for my mom and for the example she has been to me in my life. Mom's are great! We sure do love ours!





No comments:

Post a Comment